Exposure to toxic mold can lead to very serious health and financial consequences for you and your loved ones. It can also greatly disrupt your daily lives and your job. Fortunately, our team at Mold Firm can help you get compensation for your injuries and hold those responsible accountable.
Depending on whether you are a tenant, a homeowner, an employee or independent contractor or just a guest in somebody’s home or office, you may be entitled to the following types of damages:
(1) The cost to repair the defect in your home and to remediate the mold and water damage.
(2) The costs to replace or remediate your personal possessions, like clothes or furniture, damaged by the mold or water.
(3) Return of your security deposit if it has been wrongfully withheld from you.
(4) Your alternative living expenses to live in a safe environment, such as an apartment as well as other related costs.
(5) Compensation for moving and storing your contaminated possessions.
(6) Personal injuries, medical bills and pain and suffering related to your toxic mold exposure.
(7) Lost wages, if you had to miss work due to the mold event and, in very limited circumstances, where the responsible party has acted in bad faith, you may be entitled to punitive damages including reimbursement of your attorney’s fees and litigation expenses to punish that other party and make sure they never harm anyone else in the future.
As you can see, you may be entitled to financial compensation for a number of injuries. So, if you or your loved ones have been injured by toxic mold exposure please contact us at Mold Firm for a free case evaluation.